Major Professor : Dr. Watson
2022 to date : Ph.D. student, Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge.
2019-2021: M.Sc., International Master of Science in Agro-and Environmental Nematology, Ghent University, Ghent-Belgium.
2014-2018: B.Sc., Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Crop Science), Kenyatta University, Kenya.
Current research focus
- To identify and characterize Reniform Nematode (Rotylenchulus reniformis) resistance in soybean germplasm.
- To identify quantitative trait loci (QTLs)- based resistance, future breeding efforts for resistant soybean cultivars against Reinform Nematode (RN).
2018-2019: Laboratory Assistance, Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), Plant Quarantine and Bio-Security Station, Muguga -Kenya
- Pest and disease diagnosis involving pathogen extraction and identification using various techniques in the Bacteriology, Virology, Entomology, Nematology and Mycology laboratories.
- The use of Molecular Biology techniques (including convention and real time PCR) for plants pests & diseases diagnostics; DNA barcoding, sequencing and bioinformatics.
- Field inspection/surveillance services for pests & diseases diagnosis.