Professional Sales Institute
LSU Professional Sales Institute
The LSU Professional Sales Institute (PSI) is dedicated to researching and sharing sales expertise and developing professional sales leaders. Its mission is to educate and develop exceptional professional sales leaders and to discover and disseminate sales knowledge. PSI supports students’ academic and professional development through in-class instruction, sales-focused events, interactive projects, sales competitions, networking opportunities, and career search.
PSI students are invited to participate in the popular PSI Golf Tournament, the PSI Sales Symposium, various sales competitions, and career events. In addition to teaching, PSI faculty conducts advanced scientific analysis on the sales profession and provides insights to managers on state-of-the-art methods to build and maintain a competitive edge in the sales force. The Professional Sales Institute was named one of the top professional sales programs by the Sales Education Foundation and is a full member of the University Sales Center Alliance. PSI is also an Education Partner of HubSpot.
Research from PSI
The research mission of the LSU PSI is to conduct cutting-edge scientific analysis on the sales profession and provide insights to managers on state-of-the-art methods to build and maintain a competitive edge in the sales force. Our researchers work collaboratively with managers and executives on projects that provide both practical implications for managers and scientific findings for academic audiences. Our areas of research projects include:
- Sales force compensation plans
- Increasing the lifetime value of salespeople
- Sales strategy
- Sales force design
- Customer engagement
- People and skills
- Sales operations
LSU's Professional Sales Institute is a full member of the University Sales Center Alliance (USCA). PSI has officially met the rigorous requirements of full membership in the community of sales educators who are dedicated to advancing the sales profession through teaching, research, and outreach. Out of the 70 schools that are members of USCA, only 37 have reached full membership status.
Students in the Professional Sales concentration may earn a USCA Certified Sales Student designation by meeting required coursework with authorized faculty and completing extracurricular experience requirements.
Opportunities for PSI Students
PSI Sales Team
Members of the PSI Sales Team gain the skills and experience needed to excel in sales careers. Every year, the PSI Sales Team participates in several collegiate sales competitions (Bayou Sales Challenge, ICSC, and NCSC) that often attract major corporations offering internship and employment opportunities. Membership is open to students in the Professional Sales Concentration with the approval of the team coach.
Jim & Laura Parr Professional Sales Lab
The Sales Lab, located on the second floor of the BEC Rotunda, allows Professional Sales Concentration students to perfect their business-to-business (B2B) sales skills in an office-like setting. This dedicated space offers advanced audio and video technology for B2B role-play video capture, coaching, and archiving. The lab is also home to the award-winning PSI Sales Team. Members frequent the space as they prepare for upcoming competitions.
PSI hosts career expos each semester for students to meet representatives from the institute's corporate partners. The corporate partners are available to speak with students about their internships and full-time employment opportunities, as well as provide professional sales advice. Many PSI students leave the career expo with excellent career prospects and contacts each year.
PSI Professional Events
PSI Golf Tournament
The PSI Golf Tournament allows PSI’s corporate friends to network with professional sales students, who gain real-world sales experience and help generate funding for PSI through ticket sales. Students and industry representatives team up for fun and networking at Top Golf during this annual event.
LSU Sales Symposium
This event is for business leaders, sales professionals, business owners, or anyone in a front-line decision-making position at a company. Attendees get the latest insights on sales methodologies, new and emerging roles in sales, and the technologies that support these roles.
PSI Corporate Partners
PSI has set a standard for developing students who are bright, innovative, and prepared for the workforce. Our corporate partnerships are designed to provide a strong return on investment through strategic engagement opportunities with students and industry events that help build company brand awareness and meet workforce objectives.
Investor Level - $25,000 Annually (Three Year Commitment)
- All Partner Level Benefits
- Corporate name/logo on one role-play room in the Professional Sales Lab (3 available)
- Investor Member recognition on the PSI website and media
- Check presentation ceremony with media package
- Seat on the PSI Advisory Board
- Six tickets to the annual LSU PSI Sales Symposium
Partner Level - $15,000 Annually
- All Sponsor Level Benefits
- PSI assistance in identifying sales students that fit partner’s employment requirements
- Priority usage of your business/product as a project/example in sales classes
- Semesterly presentation opportunity to PSI sales classes
- One full-day Rotunda Table Sit during the fall and spring semesters
- Interview space and scheduling assistance during the fall and spring semesters
- Promotion of partnership on college social media channels
- Four tickets to the annual LSU PSI Sales Symposium
Sponsor Level - $10,000 Annually
- Corporate logo on the E. J. Ourso College of Business - Professional Sales Institute website
- Participation in the semi-annual PSI Sales Career Expo
- Seat on judging panel for the annual PSI Internal Sales Team Competition
- Complimentary invitation to and partnership recognition at the spring PSI Golf Tournament
- Two tickets to the annual LSU PSI Sales Symposium
- Access to the sales student resume book
- Communication of employment and internship opportunities to all PSI students
- Complimentary Corporate Partnership
Employment and internship opportunities emailed to all sales students
- Opportunity for a personal tour of the E. J. Ourso College of Business and Professional Sales Institute facilities
Investors - $75,000 (3 years at $25,000 annually)
Partners - $15,000 (annually)
Sponsors - $10,000 (annually)
Philip Greg Accardo
Director, Professional Sales Institute
2027 Business Education Complex East
Director of Research,
Professional Sales Institute
2123 Business Education Complex South