Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering majors and minors for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Date: March 24, 2023
- 8:30 – 9:15 a.m. | Networking time to fill open interview slots or network
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Prescheduled Interviews, see details below to participate
Location: LSU Student Union Ballroom
Thank You to Our Construction Interviewing Day Event Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Read our Sponsorship Information below!
This event has a variety of deadlines associated with different types interview opportunities that require pre-scheduling, including the most popular Preselect Interviews. To participate in interviews, students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet.
Attend CID Student Preparation Programs
- CID Resume Workshops
- CID Resume Drop-Ins
View Employers Attending CID
Look up the employers attending. Read up on their mission statements, curriculums, services or products they provide, or any industry trends. Then, draft questions you have about companies and opportunities. If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the event.
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com.
Deadlines for Employers
For deadline dates associated with all schedule types (preselect, open and room only), please view the Employer Event Information Packet.
Deadlines for Pre-select to Alternate Schedules
- Interview Schedule and Job Posting Due in Handshake: February 24 by noon
- Student Application Start Date: January 17
- Student Application End Date: March 1
- Primary & Alternate Selections Due: March 6 by noon
- Primary and alternate sign up: March 8 – March 10
Deadlines for Room Only Schedules
Companies have the opportunity to pull resumes from Handshake on their own, and create their interview schedule for the day by directly contacting students. Employers must log into Handshake and follow these instructions to request a Room Only interview schedule and attach a job posting.
Students will submit resumes via Handshake from January 17 – March 1.
Job Postings will close on March 1. After that date, you must collect resumes outside of Handshake.
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details and deadlines.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor.
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies page.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided. If you have dietary needs, please note there other options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
7:30 a.m. | Employer Check In Opens
8:30 – 9:15 a.m. | Open networking time for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity for employers to make changes to CID interview schedules.
9:15 – 9:30 a.m. | Employer Welcome Keynote Speaker
9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. | Interviews
12 – 1 p.m. | Lunch
1 – 4:30 p.m. | Interviews
Registration Fee: $350
The only materials you need to bring are a stack of business cards and/or information about your organization.
You are welcome to bring displays that will fit within an 6-foot table display area, and a tablecloth for your table.
Popup banners are only allowed during the networking time from 8:30–9:15 a.m.
Signage no wider than a 6ft table, personalized linens and giveaways are acceptable.
We will also have plastic tablecloths available for use if needed.
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
Become an event sponsor for $650. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.