Art and Design Career Networking Day
Students and alumni interested careers related to art and design, including landscape architecture, architecture, graphic design, interior design, fine arts, web development, and digital media arts attend to network with employers. This event has a variety of ways to network and interact with recruiters! Read carefully below to ensure you attend the portions of the event most beneficial to you.
Date: March 9, 2023
9 a.m.–Noon: Open Networking for employers to network with students interested in the art and design industry.
Noon–12:30 p.m.: Employer Luncheon Program
12:45–4 p.m.: Optional interviews
Please note, optional interviews are scheduled during the Open Networking portion of the event.
Location: LSU Student Union Ballroom
Art and Design Career Networking Day Sponsor
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Read our Sponsorship Information below!
Students and Alumni Information
Open Networking from 9 a.m.–Noon
This is an opportunity for students interested in career in art and design to meet with employers about what they expect from a future employee, tips on job searching, what their companies have to offer you as a student and future grad, and conduct portfolio reviews. Students may bring portfolio materials to Open Networking for employers to review, but this is not required.
Optional Interviews from 12:45–4:00 p.m.
Employers may elect to stay from 12:45 to 4:00 p.m. to conduct interviews with candidates in the LSU Olinde Career Center Recruitment Center. Employers will arrange their schedules directly with candidates during the networking portion event.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
How to Register
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details on the virtual fair.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor.
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies web-page.
- Refreshments and boxed lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com no later than two weeks before the event. Please note there other dining options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
- This registration includes one 6-8 ft table, 2 chairs, wifi, lunch, parking and entry for up to 2 representatives. Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed.
Registration Fee: $150
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
- Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Sponsorship is $500 for this event.
Contact Courtney Edwards, Assistant Director of Employer Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org