Career Champions Program
We know that students seek career advice from those they know and trust, and we want to support you in that process and recognize you as a partner of the LSU Olinde Career Center. The Career Champions program provides a tailored curriculum centered on giving LSU Faculty and Staff the skills, knowledge, and resources they need in order to help students through the career development process.
Participants in this program will:
- Learn about the various factors that influence choosing a major and career decision making.
- Become aware of different strategies and resources to support students making major and career decisions.
- Learn about what the OCC recommends to students about resumes and help you feel comfortable assisting students with questions about their resumes.
- Become aware of the NACE Readiness Competencies and be able to discuss them with students.
- Be able to explain strategies to help students successfully search for job, internship, co-op, or other opportunities.
- Become aware of Handshake and its role in the search for students.
Fall 2022 Dates
- Wednesday, September 28, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., in-person
- Thursday, November 3, 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., virtual