Advertising and Communications Networking Event
Students and alumni interested in careers in communications, journalism, advertising, public relations, film production, and related industries attend to learn about employers, internships, part-time and full-time positions.
Date: March 7, 2023
9–11:30 a.m.: Networking
11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: Employer Luncheon Program (Students leave the ballroom).
12:15–3:15 p.m.: Optional Interviews (scheduled during the morning networking portion)
Location: LSU Student Union Ballroom
Communication Professionals Networking Fair Event Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Read our Sponsorship Information below!
The Communication Professionals Networking Fair is a great opportunity for students to mingle and get to know recruiters in the communications field, as well as search for internship and full-time job opportunities. Take advantage of this event as a means to expand your professional network!
Practice your elevator pitch. This is the quick intro you will share with employers when first meeting them at Career Expo events.
Look up the employers and grad schools attending. Read up on their mission statements, curriculums, services or products they provide, or any industry trends. Then, draft questions you have about companies, schools, and opportunities. If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the event.
Bring a few copies of your resume. Not all employers will be able to take a copy for HR reasons, but some may be open to it. Build your résumé using our online resources and templates.
Professional attire is strongly recommended, students seeking jobs or internships may benefit from wearing business professional attire.
JCPenney Suit Up: Need to freshen up your professional wardrobe? Check out JCPenney Suit Up, offering exclusive discounts to LSU students and alumni.
How to register:
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com.
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details on the Communication Professionals Networking Fair.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor.
- Please review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies page.
- Boxed lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks before the event. Please not there are other dining options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
- This registration includes one 6-8 ft table, 2 chairs, wifi, parking and entry for up to 2 representatives. Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed.
Registration Cost: $150
Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Sponsorship is $500 for this event.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.