The LSU College of the Coast & Environment admits students to undergraduate degree programs each semester and summer term. Consistent with university guidelines, a continuing student can apply for admission to a college during a period when no coursework is in progress. This period basically runs from the day final grades are posted for a given semester until the last day to add courses for the next semester or term. Students interested in admission to the College of the Coast & Environment are encouraged to call the college office at 225-578-6316.
New transfer students and returning re-entry students to the university must submit an undergraduate application before admission can be reviewed.
Students interested in entering the College of the Coast & Environment should pay close attention to the mathematics and science courses they select.
Transfer students from other accredited colleges or universities will be permitted to enter the college when they:
- Present, by means of an official transcript, evidence that they have met the current admission requirements of the university and senior college;
- Receive approval of the dean of the college.
Students will be admitted to the college when they:
- have earned 24 or more semester hours of credit in courses numbered 1000 or above;
- have maintained a grade-point average of at least 2.00 on both LSU and overall averages;
- have passed all courses in mathematics and science with grades of "C" or better or received special approval of the dean of the college;
- have passed ENGL 1002, 1001 or the equivalent with a grade of "C" or better;
- have earned credit in one of the following courses: MATH 1022, 1023, 1550 or 1551 with a grade of "C" or better.