Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
Major LSU Scholarships
- Tuition Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS)
- Entering Freshmen Scholarships
- Transfer Student Scholarships
LSU Honors College Scholarships
- Scholarships for Entering Freshmen and Current Students
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Morris K. Udall Scholarship
Chemical Engineering Scholarships
Scholarships for Current Students
LSU’s College of Engineering offers more than 500 scholarships to its engineering, computer science, and construction management students. Scholarships for entering freshman are limited, but as you advance in your academic career you become eligible for more scholarships based on your GPA, major, and extracurricular activities.
Students can access the scholarship software at https://lsu.academicworks.com/ and log in with their myLSU/PAWS password and ID. Students will be directed to complete the LSU and College of Engineering applications; when these are completed, the student may be directed to a list of other scholarships for which they may be eligible. Click on a scholarship’s name to see the criteria and apply for that scholarship, if eligible
- "C" or better in CHE 2171
- 3.0 GPA or above in ChE courses
- 3.0 overall GPA
- minimum of one semester at LSU
- full-time enrollment as a chemical engineering major
- US citizen or permanent resident
- currently enrolled in ChE course(s)
Based on the special needs of some students, additional scholarships may be available for those with a GPA below 3.0.
The department has a limited number of scholarships available to award to our students. Awardees are selected from the sophomore, junior, and senior classes based on academic performance at LSU. The money is primarily provided by industries interested in attracting the attention of our best students.
It is the policy of the department not to grant scholarships to students who already hold a College of Engineering scholarship. Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of six semesters.
Award & Acknowledgement Questions
- When will I know if I receive a scholarship?
You will be notified by email if you are chosen to receive a scholarship from the College of Engineering or one of the departments. Be sure to check your junk mail folder often, as this email is sometimes misdirected there.
- Will I need to write a thank you note?
Yes. As a scholarship recipient, you are required to fill out a scholarship recipient survey and write a thank you note to the donor who funded your scholarship. A specific donor name will be provided to you in a separate email after you receive confirmation of your scholarship. If you do not write a thank you note and fill out the required scholarship recipient profile, it is highly likely that you will be ineligible to receive future scholarships, and the College of Engineering reserves the right to revoke your scholarship.
- How do I receive the cash award of the scholarship?
If you are selected for a scholarship, the award amount will be deposited into your bursar account by the end of the awarding period for that semester. These funds will be applied to any outstanding balance you may have and the remaining award amount will be sent to you either by check or direct deposit.
- Who do I contact if I don’t receive my award amount?
If you haven’t received your award amount by the end of the awarding period (Fall, Oct 31; Spring, March 31) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alan M. Raymond Endowed Scholarship
- Baker Hughes Scholarship in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering General Scholarship
- Chevron Texaco Scholarship in Chemical Engineering
- CITGO Petroleum Scholarship in Chemical Engineering
- Clara & Frank R. Groves Sr. Engineering Scholarship
- Eugene R. Cox Scholarship
- Floyd S. Edmiston Jr. Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Gene Perdue Lowe Scholarship
- Gerard Family Undergraduate Scholarship
- Leo Broering Memorial Scholarship
- Lubrizol Scholarship
- Marathon Scholarship in Chemical Engineering
- O. Dewitt Duncan Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- Paul M. Horton Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
- Paul N. Howell Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- R. L. Hartman Memorial Scholarship
- Ram N. Bhatia Scholarship
- Ryan D. Fontenot Scholarship
- Walter G. Middleton Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- William E. McFatter Endowed Scholarship
Other Scholarships & Opportunities
- Diversity Scholarships (Clarence L. Barney Jr. African American Cultural Center)
- ASME - Materials and Energy Recovery (MER) Division Educational Support
- ACS Scholars Program - Scholarships for African American, Hispanic, and American Indian Chemical Science Students
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
- AfterCollege's Engineering & Technology Student Scholarship
- Ronald E. McNair Research Scholars Program
- Charles P. Lake - Rain for Rent Scholarship Program
- The Naval Research Enterprise Intern Program (NREIP)
- NASA Internships & Fellowships
- Shell Scholarships
- Affordable Colleges' College Resources & Financial Aid for Hispanic Students