Grade Exclusion Petition – Post Baccalaureate CM Students
Please refer to the table below for open petition periods.
College of Engineering Instructions for Processing a Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP)
This form may be submitted either:
- Electronically via the form and submit button below
- In person by printing the form and delivering to the William Brookshire Student Services Office, 2228 Patrick F. Taylor Hall (Download Grade Exclusion Form)
- This policy applies only when the grade exclusion request is filed prior to retaking the course.
- CoE Student Services dates for accepting & submitting petitions:
|Module||Start Accepting Applications||Deadline for Petitions|
|Second Spring Module||Friday, February 24, 2023||Friday, March 24, 2023 @ 4:30pm|
|First Summer Module 2023||Friday, April 28, 2023||Friday, May 26, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Second Summer Module 2023||Friday, June 9, 2023||Friday, July 7, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|First Fall Module 2023||Friday, July 21, 2023||Friday, August 25, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Second Fall Module 2023||Friday, September 22, 2023||Friday, October 20, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|First Spring Module 2024||Thursday, December 21, 2023||Friday, January 19, 2024 @ 4:30pm|
|Second Spring Module 2024||Friday, March 22, 2024||Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 4:30 p.m.|
* The deadline to complete a request for any term/semester is the last day to add classes for that term!
To request implementation of the Grade Exclusion policy:
- Review BOTH policy details and a listing of courses that cannot be used with Grade Exclusion.
These can be found at the University Registrar's website.
- Policy details
- For courses in which 2 F grades were earned, first contact Student Services to appeal for permission to retake the course. LSU College of Engineering, Student Services, phone 225-578-5731
- For Student Athletes ONLY: Bring your completed Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP) to the Academic Center for Student Athletes (ACA). They will determine the compatibility of your request with maintaining your eligibility to compete. The GEP must have an ACA signature before the College of Engineering can process the request. GEP are processed weekly. You will be contacted if there are issues that prevent your petition from being processed.