Incoming Student Events & Orientation
Incoming Student Orientation and Resources
Please see the items below for more information about the process, and make sure to
register for all of the applicable virtual events being offered.
Please see the information on this LSU Orientation page for an overview of the process.
Step 1 – The College of Engineering Student Services team creates your Fall 2022 student schedule.
- Students will receive an email notification through their LSU email once their schedule has been created.
Step 2 – Students review the schedule through myLSU and/or the Navigate app.
- If needed, students can request a one-on-one advising appointment with a staff member through the Navigate app.
Step 3 – Students are encouraged to register for special New Student Events being offered by the College of Engineering throughout the summer.
Step 4 – Students must complete mandatory orientation modules online in June/July.
- Instructions will be sent to students through LSU email.
Step 5 – Students prepare for Move-in Day and plan to attend Welcome Week and GEAUX Engineering the week before the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
Also, check out the links to the following resources:
- ALEKS Test instructions (the ALEKS test is a prerequisite for Calculus I)
- College of Engineering Flowcharts
- How to Schedule and Waitlist Classes
- LSU General Catalog
- General Education Course Lists
- Course Search
- Course Offerings
- Early Credit (AP, CLEP, IB scores)
- Tiger Transfer Tables (used to get an idea of what courses may transfer to LSU)
- Recommended Computer Specifications