Incoming Student Events & Orientation
Incoming Student Orientation and Resources
Please see the LSU Orientation page for a complete overview of the process. All newly admitted students are required to register for Bengal Bound.
Step 1 – Students who have completed registration will have their first-semester schedule created for them by an Academic Advisor in the University Center for Freshman Year. Schedules will be created based on all submitted ACT/SAT scores, ALEKS PPL score and incoming credit.
- Students will receive an email notification through their LSU email once their schedule has been created.
- Students will have the opportunity to schedule a 1:1 appointment with their assigned Academic Advisor to discuss schedule changes or other questions.
- Students are welcome to schedule an appointment with a College of Engineering Student Services Counselor to review their first-time schedule, curriculum and degree plan. Please note that schedule adjustments and major change requests will need to go through the student’s assigned Academic Advisor.
Step 3 – Students are encouraged to browse the Welcome Week schedule and review events of interest that require pre-registration, especially Geaux Engineering.
- Geaux Engineering is a multi-day program held during Welcome Week that is only available to College of Engineering Students. This event gives first-year students a head start to the College of Engineering and prepares you for your future career. Peer mentors guide you through fun, team-based activities including a design project, degree exploration, and upperclassman-led sessions.
Please see the links below for additional resources:
- How and When to take ALEKS (the ALEKS test is a prerequisite for Calculus I)
- College of Engineering Flowcharts
- LSU General Catalog
- Integrative Learning Core: LSU’s General Education Program
- Course Search
- Course Offerings
- Early Credit (AP, CLEP, IB scores)
- Tiger Transfer Tables (used to get an idea of what courses may transfer to LSU)
- Recommended Computer Specifications