Mr. and Mrs. Boyd H. McMullan Professor
Craft & Hawkins Department of Petroleum Engineering
Louisiana State University
3209S Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: 225-578-8468 / Fax: 888-965-9518
- PhD: Hydrogeology, Geological Sciences, University of South Carolina, USA, 2009.
- MTech: Earth Resources Technology, Applied Geology, Indian Institute of technology (IIT) Roorkee, 2001.
- BSc: Geology (Honors), Mathematics and Chemistry (Minors), Presidency College, Calcutta, University of Calcutta, India, 1998.
- Louisiana State University
- Associate Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University, USA (August 2022 - present).
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Louisiana State University (August 2022-present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University, USA (August, 2016- August 2022).
- Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) and Chevron North America Exploration and
Production Company (CNAEP)
- Reservoir Engineer, Applied Reservoir Management Team, CNAEP, Gulf of Mexico Business Unit, Covington, LA. (July 2013 – July 2016).
- Development Geologist, CNAEP, Gulf of Mexico Business Unit, Lafayette, LA. (May, 2011 – July 2013).
- Research Scientist, Chevron ETC, Research and Development Division, San Ramon, CA (April 2010 – April 2011).
- Earth Science Research Intern, Chevron ETC, Research and Development, San Ramon, CA (November, 2008 – February, 2009).
- Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, University of South Carolina, Columbia (May, 2003 – October 2008).
- Systems Executive, NIIT GIS Ltd. (ESRI India), New Delhi, India (August 2001 – July2002).
- Graduate Research Student, Remote Sensing and Geomatics Division, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Dehradun, India (December 2000 – July 2001).
- Graduate Summer Trainee, Geochronology & Isotope Geology Division, Geological Survey of India (GSI), Calcutta (June 2000 - July 2000).
- Reactive Transport and Thermal-Hydrological-Mechanical-Chemical (THMC) Modeling of
Fluid-Rock-Cement Interactions; Long Term Assessments
- Wellbore Integrity - Cement-Rock Interactions
- Hydrogen geo-storage
- CO2 storage and sequestration
- Gas Hydrates
- Geothermal energy storage and production
- Basin-scale Hydrogeology – coupled heat flow, fluid flow and solute transport
- Integrated geology and subsurface engineering
- Broad range of Petroleum Engineering applications in Reservoir and Production Engineering, Worst Case Discharge, Geomechanics
- PETE 4051 - Reserves and Reservoir Management (Reservoir Engineering)
- PETE 3036 - Well Logging
- PETE 4241 - Geologic Aspects of Subsurface Storage
- PETE 7241 - Reactive Transport Processes in Energy and Environment
- PETE 7195 - Reservoir Characterization