Andrew K. Wojtanowicz
Previous holder of the Texaco Chair in Environmental Engineering
Craft & Hawkins Department of Petroleum Engineering
Louisiana State University
3212A Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: 225-578-6049 / Fax: 888-965-9518
- B.S., Technical University of Mining & Metallurgy - Krakow, Poland, Geology - Specialization in Geophysics, 1968.
- B.S., Technical University of Mining & Metallurgy - Krakow, Poland, Mining - Specialization in Petroleum Engineering, 1965.
- M. Sc., Technical University of Mining & Metallurgy - Krakow, Poland, Mining - Specialization in Petroleum Engineering, 1967.
- Ph.D., Technical University of Mining & Metallurgy - Krakow, Poland, Petroleum Engineering, 1973.
- Technical University of Mining and Metallurgy, Assistant Professor, Krakow, Poland, 1973-1978.
- General Water Authorities, Drilling Engineering Supervisor, Tripoli, Libya, 1978-1980 NL Baroid Petroleum Services, Inc., Drilling Fluids Technologist, London, England, 1980-1982.
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Visiting Assistant Professor, Socorro, New Mexico 1983-1984.
- Conoco, Environmental Fellow, Ponca City, Oklahoma, 1991-1992.
- Louisiana State University, 1984-present.
- Borehole Mechanics
- near-well zone effects and their diagnosis
- drilling bit models
- borehole friction
- temperature effects in drilling mechanics
- wellbore circulation cleaning
- Well Design and Production Optimization
- drilling cost optimization
- casing programs
- coning control
- Environmental Control Technologies for Petroleum Engineering
- drilling fluid solids control
- downhole control of produced waters
- dewatering of drilling fluids
- external integrity of wells
- subsurface injection of waste slurries
- Leak-off testing of shallow marine sediments (US MMS)
- Gas/water flow after cementing (US MMS)
- Environmental Control Technology (self)
- Downhole Water Sink Technology (Joint Industry Project)