Resources for Law Enforcement and Coroners
All services are free of charge for agencies within the state of Louisiana. Anthropologists at the FACES Lab provide the following services for law enforcement agencies and coroner's offices:
- Animal vs Human Skeletal Identification
- Recovery Assistance
- Biological Profile and Trauma Analysis
- Forensic Imaging
- DNA Sample Collection from unidentified Individuals and family members of missing persons
- X-ray Services
- Positive Identification Assistance
- Official Final Report and Expert Court Testimony
Workshops and Lectures
Please contact the FACES Lab for information on professional development workshops and lectures in forensic anthropology.
- All workshops or lectures can be tailored to your organizations specific needs.
- Standard workshops are 3 hours and cover the following topics: Louisiana Act 227 (LA Rev Stat § 15:651-662) pertaining to missing and unidentified people, animal vs. human, biological profile, trauma, time since death, field recovery techniques, and other similar topics
- Contact our Director, Dr. Listi (email@example.com or 225.578.3906), to schedule a workshop or lecture at your agency.