Engineering Residential College
First-year students with a declared major in the College of Engineering can live in the newly constructed Camellia Hall and take classes with the same group of peers, creating a smaller network within the larger LSU campus from day one.
In this living-learning environment, the next generation of engineers, construction managers, and computer scientists will be part of a positive academic environment to jump start students’ professional development in the face of the technical challenges of a global economy.
Located near the LSU Lakes, UREC, Greek Row and the 459 Commons dining hall, Camellia Hall is one of the newest residence halls on campus and provides everything students need to be successful: offices where faculty advisors hold office hours, a classroom in the building, and multiple study spaces.
To participate in the Engineering Residential College, you must:
- Be a first-year student with a declared major in the College of Engineering
- ACT/SAT scores and ALEKS scores will be used to determine math course placement
- Enroll in at least two courses offered through ERC in both the fall and spring semesters
- Contact Arlyn Saucier, academic counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-5731 for scheduling assistance
College of Engineering majors: Biological (BE), Chemical (CHE), Civil (CE), Computer (EEC), Electrical (EE), Environmental (EVEG), Industrial (IE), Mechanical (ME), and Petroleum Engineering (PETE), Computer Science (CSC), Construction Management (CM), and Engineering Undecided (ENGRU)
- Priority course scheduling
- Reserved spaces in courses
- Some courses taught in Camellia Hall
- Exclusive access to ag-related programming, hands-on activities, tours, and lab experiences
- Easily make new connections by living and learning with a core group of peers
- Hear from industry leaders at several special-interest lectures and engage in hands-on activities
- Network with faculty members and college administrators
- Access to in-community tutoring and faculty office hours
- Faculty and staff hold office hours and review sessions inside Camellia Hall
- Live close to the LSU lakes, Recreational Center and 459 Commons dining hall
During the admitted-student housing application process, select the Engineering Residential College as your preferred housing option.
You'll receive notice of acceptance into the living-learning program by the spring, and then you can begin searching for and matching with potential roommates.
For Engineering Residential College eligibility information, view the requirements above or contact ERC staff listed below.
For housing application and room assignment information, please contact Residential Life at email@example.com.