Handy Acosta Cuellar
Instructor of Spanish
M.A., University of New Orleans, 2016
Office: 352 Hodges Hall
- Elementary Spanish 1101,1102
- Intermediate Spanish 2101, 2102
- HSS 1000, Intro to Research in Social Studies and the Humanities
- SPAN 3070 with Service Learning Component
Awards and Honors
- 2020 Service-Learning Faculty Scholars Program Grant (Louisiana State University, 2021)
- Past and Present Grant (The Royal Historical Society, UK, 2020)
- NEH Summer Institute. Thresholds of Change: Modernity and Transformation in the Mediterranean 1400-1700. Saint John University, 2018.
- Changemaker Catalyst Award. Taylor Center, Tulane University. 2018
- The Robert Cartmill Outstanding Achievement Award in Romance Languages. UNO. 2015-2016.
Service to the Community and LSU
- Coordinated a Service Learning Initiative with the Gardere Project, Baton Rouge and Catholic Charities of Baton Rouge to support the Hispanic community.
- NOLA Jazz Museum Transcribathon Coordinator.
- Mentor in the M.A Hispanic Studies Section, Department of World Languages, Literatures
- Member of the Department Diversity Committee
- Spanish 2155 Review Committee.