The Service Desk serves as the primary customer interface for information, access, and assistance related to the services provided by Information Technology Services. Service Desk employees think of themselves as ambassadors representing both LSU and the ITS organization. We are a team, and we succeed or fail as one. Since we are the first and sometimes the only experience of ITS for the majority of our customers, it is vital that our customers’ experiences with us be overwhelmingly positive.
Service Desk employees should demonstrate Gold Standard Customer Service objectives:
- We present ourselves as friendly, competent, and invested in the customer’s success. We are all service professionals.
- We are building a relationship. We want our customers to talk about what a great experience s/he had and to ask for us by name for future needs.
- Transparency is required in order to build trust. We will be consistent in our efforts to explain processes and decisions.
- We will be honest about potential workarounds and make sure we present a complete picture to our customers.
- No case or inquiry is too small to be handled properly and professionally.
ITS Service Desk Hours
Sunday: 12 PM - 7 PM
Monday - Thursday: 7 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 7AM - 7:30PM
Finally, we can be contacted by phone at 225-578-3375, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may visit us in person on the first floor of the Frey Computing Services Center or the first floor of the LSU Library.