You dream of a career in music and of hitting all the right notes.
About Music, B.A.
The Bachelor of Arts is a broad-based liberal arts degree with an emphasis in the study of music. You can use this degree to explore music alongside other areas of study including business, engineering, arts administration, digital media, and jazz.
- Without Concentration
- Academic Studies
- Arts Administration
- Church Music
- Experimental Music and Digital Media: Expand your interest in computer music, experimental music, music technology, and digital media to the next level and journey toward opportunities in electronic music and digital media. Combining music, technology, and science, you can participate in such activities as the Louisiana Mobile App Orchestra and the Laptop Orchestra of Louisiana.
- Intradisciplinary Music
- Music director
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.0 cumulative GPA (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- audition required prior to beginning first year
- completion of placement examination in Music Theory and Music History
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Course Load by Subject Area
- Performing Art: High Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Foreign Language: Low Intensity
- History & Law: Low Intensity
- Lab Hours or Field Work: Low Intensity
- Social Studies: Low Intensity
- View all course loads