Faculty Credentials and Qualifications
In compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), LSU ensures that all instructional faculty (full-time, part-time, and teaching assistants) have met the established standards to teach based on the content and the level of each credit-bearing course assigned as an Instructor of Record (IoR). The Faculty Credentials and Qualifications Manual provides a comprehensive resource outlining the required qualifications and supporting documentation. In addition, faculty serving in a program coordinator capacity must meet specified qualifications as well. The Faculty Credentials job aid assists with the entry and approval process. LSU policy and procedure is guided by SACSCOC Standards. For additional information or questions, contact Sandi Gillilan.
Faculty Credentials Application
The Faculty Credentials Application houses all credential information for anyone teaching courses on campus. It integrates with the Mainframe to validate credentials upon assigning the instructor of record. To add, update, or check upon a credential, you must use the Faculty Credentials Application. In order to assign the instructor of record, the employee must be credentialed in the application. Any faculty that are teaching must have an academic appointment in Workday. To access the application, it is imperative that each unit has a designated Academic Credential Specialist. The role may be requested via myLSU’s Workday Security Access Request.
If the prospective IoR is qualified to teach based on credentials other than academic degree(s) or if the academic credential is not in direct alignment with the course(s) (e.g., emerging fields of study, interdisciplinary), the Alternative Credentials process via Workday must be completed for review and approval prior to assignment of the course(s). Alternative Credential submissions must be reviewed and approved by the college’s designated associate dean (listed below). To ensure this step, the applicable associate dean should be added as an approver.
Associate Deans (by College)
- College of Agriculture: Allen Rutherford
- College of Art & Design: Kristen Kelsch Mauch
- E.J. Ourso College of Business: Helmut Schneider
- College of the Coast & Environment: John White
- College of Engineering: Marwa Hassan
- Graduate School: Carol Wicks
- College of Human Sciences & Education: Arend Van Gemmert
- College of Humanities & Social Sciences: Lori Martin
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center: Andi Carroll
- Manship School of Mass Communication: Meghan Sanders
- College of Music & Dramatic Arts: Trey Davis
- College of Science: Andy Maverick
- College of Veterinary Medicine: Tammy Dugas