All institutions accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) are required to undergo a comprehensive review for reaffirmation of accreditation every ten years. Since 1913, LSU has continuously maintained its SACSCOC accreditation. Our most recent reaffirmation was in 2014, and we are scheduled again in 2024. Preparation must begin now in order to make sure we have the evidence and narrative completed in the format required by SACSCOC. I hope that you will accept my request to serve on the Steering Committee for this important process. Members were identified because of specific roles they play at LSU and/or subject matter expertise. The LSU Office of Institutional Effectiveness will manage the 2024 reaffirmation process.
The responsibility of the Steering Committee is to provide oversight of the planning process, which includes two primary components:
- Compliance Certification, which provides narrative and supporting evidence to demonstrate compliance with each of the 73 standards set forth by SACSCOC.
- Quality Enhancement Plan, which is a program designated as an institutional priority to enhance student learning and/or student success.
Specifically, the steering committee members shall:
- Provide oversight of the compliance certification and QEP processes to ensure timely submittal to SACSCOC, including any follow-up reports.
- Ensure the integrity of the process, including the university’s responses.
- Engage campus and direct administrative action, as needed, in support of reaffirmation.
- Serve as the chair of a subcommittee, as assigned, to develop narrative and supporting evidence of SACSCOC standards.
- Review and provide feedback, as requested, for the compliance certification and the QEP proposal.
- Participate in the campus visit of the On-Site Review Committee, as applicable.
Key Dates for the Reaffirmation of Accreditation Process include:
|Spring 2022||Appointment of LSU Reaffirmation Steering Committee|
|Summer 2022||Review Recommendations from the QEP Topic Selection Committee|
||Formation of QEP Development and Implementation Committee
Status Update: Initial review of draft standards and supporting evidence
|May 1, 2023||Review final draft of compliance certification|
|September 1, 2023||Submittal of compliance certification and initial QEP to SACSCOC|
|October 31-November 3, 2023||Off-site peer evaluation of compliance|
|January 2024 (date TBD)||Submittal of final QEP proposal
Submittal of Focused Report (if applicable)
|April 2-4, 2024||On-site review and QEP consultation|
|December 5-8, 2024||Final review by SACSCOC Board of Trustees|
Appointment of SACSCOC Steering Committee
|Roy Haggerty, Chair||Executive Vice President & Provost|
|Jose Aviles||Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Success|
|Jackie Bach||Acting Vice Provost for Academic Programs & Support Services &Co-Chair, QEP Development & Implementation Committee|
|Inessa Bazayev||Faculty Senate, President|
|Mark Bieger||Vice President for Strategy|
|Jane Cassidy||Interim Vice President for Civil Rights & Title IX; SACSCOC Institutional Accreditation Liaison|
|Sandi Gillilan||Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness|
|John Hopkins||Chair, Faculty Senate Courses & Curriculum Committee|
|Clay Jones||Associate Vice President, Human Resource Management|
|Kimberly Lewis||Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer|
|Tammy Millican||Staff Senate, President|
|Roland Mitchell||Dean, College of Human Science & Education|
|Jeremiah Shinn||Vice President for Student Affairs|
|James Spencer||Vice Provost & Dean, Graduate School|
|Stanley Wilder||Dean, LSU Libraries|
|Rebecca Burdette||Co-Chair, QEP Development & Implementation Committee, Ex Officio|
|Claire Sassic Young||Project Coordinator, Institutional Effectiveness, Ex Officio|