Issuing a Subaward
Overview of Process for Issuing a Subaward
- PI submits OSP-3 form to OSP
- OSP drafts subaward and routes to PI for approval in GeauxGrants
- PI reviews and approves subaward
- OSP obtains necessary signatures from subrecipient and LSU
- OSP creates requisition in Workday and submits for necessary approvals
- Once PO is issued in Workday, OSP emails fully-executed subaward to subrecipient
When an award is received that involves a Subrecipient, the Principal Investigator (PI) should complete and email a copy of the OSP-3 Form – Request to Draft Subaward to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) will draft the subaward and email to the PI for approval. OSP will obtain necessary signatures (Subrecipient and LSU).
OSP will create a requisition in Workday, attach the subaward and route in Workday for necessary approvals (Cost Center Manager, Procurement).
Once the Purchase Order is issued by Procurement, OSP will email a fully executed copy to the subrecipient and PI.
To request an amendment to existing subaward the PI should complete and email a copy of the OSP-4 Form – Request to Amend Subaward to email@example.com.
See the Subaward Checklist for additional details on the subaward process.