CITI IRB Training Guide
Instructions for accessing and registering for IRB Training through the CITI program.
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/
- If you do not have a CITI account, click Register.
- Under 1: Select your Organization Affiliation by typing in Louisiana State University. Click continue to create your username and password.
- Under 2: Enter your name and email address.
- Under 3: Create a username, password, security question, and security answer.
- Under 4: Enter your country of residence.
- Under 5: Answer the questions regarding Continuing Education.
- Under 6: Answer the required questions. You are required to fill out your Language Preference, Institutional Email Address, Department (students should put in department of the grant), and your Role in Research.
- Under 7: Select question 6 in either Biomedical Research Investigators or Social & Behavioral Research Investigators. For the courses you are not taking, you need to check not at this time or no in order to proceed to the training.
- Next, you will be brought to the main menu for the training program. There is a link to View Louisiana State University Instructions Page. Go to this link and read the instructions for completing the courses and getting your certificate of completion.
- When you are done with the institution-specific instructions, you can close that window and go to My Courses on the Main Menu page and begin the program.
- Users can log on and off at any time and normally will take a few sessions to complete the training program (roughly 3-4 hours). Upon satisfactory completion of the program, a copy of the completion certificate can be printed out for your files.