Travel Support Programs
The Office of Research & Economic Development has several internal grant programs to support faculty travel in the service of research.
Provost's Fund: Faculty Travel Grants
The Faculty Travel Grants program provide up to $1,000 of matching funds for domestic and international travel for LSU faculty. Awards are given to support trips that enable faculty (a) to present their work at national and international scale peer-reviewed conferences or meetings, (b) to pursue data collection for active research projects, and (c) to meet with program offices at federal agencies.
The mission of this program is to leverage and extend the impact of university travel support. Awards are generally given with evidence of departmental or college support until program funds are fully encumbered.
This program was modified in FY 2022 with the following changes:
- Matching funds must be provided at a rate of 1:1 and must come from state sources.
- Funds have been allocated by term (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) to assure year-round support.
- Faculty will be asked to provide a short post-travel summary of their activities for reporting purposes.
- Applications will start being accepted prior each term and will be reviewed competitively by a peer-review panel (if necessary).
Applications for Fall 2022 (September, October, November) are being accepted for consideration until August 15, 2022.
Applications for all other terms will be due two (2) months before the start of the travel period as follows:
- Winter (Dec-Feb): due October 1
- Spring (Mar-May): due January 17
- Summer (Jun-Aug): due April 1
Submit your application through the LSU Internal Grants & Awards Portal.
SEC Faculty Travel Grant Program
The SEC Faculty Travel Grant Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration that stimulates scholarly initiatives between universities of the Southeastern Conference. Supported directly from the Provosts at each SEC institution, the program gives faculty from one SEC university the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, and conduct research. Applications are typically accepted in the Spring for an internal peer-review, with award notifications made in late May for travel in the following academic year (August - July).