- Graduate Certificate in Applied Depositional Geosystems:
- Master of Science:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD):
Graduate Admission Procedure
Once you have established your field of interest, attempt to contact a department faculty member in order to gain a potential advisor upon admission into the program. If a faculty member agrees, please e-mail Juan Lorenzo with the information.
Fully completed applications must be submitted to the LSU Graduate School BY THE DEADLINES LISTED BELOW for the semester applying.
A fully completed application includes the following:
- An online application to the LSU Graduate School including statement of purpose (required), CV/Resume (optional), and writing sample (optional). CV/Resume and writing sample are highly recommended
- ALL OFFICIAL transcripts from all universities attended
- OFFICIAL TOEFL /or/ IELTS scores (International applicants only)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation submitted via the online application for admission
Please Note: Due to the nature of competitive admission, meeting the minimum requirements does NOT guarantee admission to the program.
Deadlines for Fully Completed Applications:
- Fall: January 1st
- Spring: October 1st
Do not apply for any other semester
Join us for a virtual Open House!
Still have Questions about our Department you would like answered?
Join us for Fall 2022 ZOOM Sessions - "Open House - Applying to LSU Geology and Geophysics for Grad School"
- Session 1: October 18th @ 9:30AM CDT
- Session 2: Thursday, Dec 1 @2-3PM CDT
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 924 8294 4059
Graduate Admissions can also answer questions for you!