Welcome to the Center for Advising and Counseling
The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC) is the administrative unit which can serve as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet met the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges. UCAC also offers an enrollment option and advising assistance for students working to meet the admission requirements to the Allied Health, Pre-Public Health, Pre-Dental Hygiene, and Pre-Pharmacy programs at the LSU Health Sciences Centers in New Orleans and Shreveport or Pharmacy Programs in Louisiana. Note: Pre-Nursing advising is available in the Center for Freshman Year.
UCAC Fall 2022 Operating Schedule
Office Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 – 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)
Location: 150 Himes Hall
APPOINTMENTS (September 1 – December 23, 2022)
UCAC will offer advising appointments (Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM – Central Standard Time) from September 1, 2022 to December 23, 2022) Appointment
availability will open beginning August 31, 2022 4:30 PM and will continue to open 14 days out until December 23, 2022 If all appointments are showing as full for the next two weeks, check the appointment system each morning at 8:00 AM (Central Standard Time) for possible same day appointment availability.
UCAC students can schedule a virtual or in person appointment through the Navigate Student app. See the video below for more information on this process. Students who experience difficulty accessing the App can contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Freshmen enrolled in UCFY (less than 30 hours earned) can schedule an appointment with a UCFY academic counselor the Navigate Student App.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college can schedule an appointment with their respective college academic counselor through the Navigate Student App. Ensure to select “Academic Advising” as the appointment type to be directed to their specific senior college for assistance.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college wishing to change majors to a program offered by another senior college, can schedule an appointment with a UCAC academic counselor and select “Change Major/Minor” as their service.
- Students pursuing admission into Allied Health, Pharmacy, or Pre-Public Health programs are able to meet with Mr. Anthony Oster, UCAC Allied Health and Pharmacy Advisor, regardless of the major they are pursuing or college in which they are enrolled. Ensure to select the appropriate service when scheduling your appointment.
NOTE: Non-UCAC students who schedule appointments with UCAC academic counselors will receive appointment cancellation notices and be directed to reschedule with the appropriate advising office to provide them with the best assistance possible.
When scheduling a virtual appointment, select the following options as prompted:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule: Academic Advising (UCFY & UCAC)
- Service: Select the appropriate service based on your needs. If selecting advising ensure to select Advising (UCAC)
- Date: Select your desired appointment date
- Location: University College - Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC)
- Time: Select your desired appointment time
- How would you like to meet: Virtual or In-Person
- Would you like to share anything: Please include your intended major, specific advising needs, and your preferred name and pronouns in the comment box.
You will receive an appointment confirmation as well as a reminder which will provide a link to access the Zoom appointment.
Meet with an Advisor
Office Location & Hours:
Virtual Appointments only at this time
8:00 am–4:30 pm
At LSU, we’re family and care deeply about the well being of our students. LSU CARES is an initiative dedicated to helping students access the resources they need to thrive here.